Maintenance Operative - Craft Team
Hereford and Shropshire
£10 per hour
Driving license essential
To travel to facilities within a region;
To provide maintenance support to our facilities within a specified region;
To be responsive to emergency situations that arises in our facilities;
To ensure all work is completed to a high standard;
To build good relationships with site Managers and inform them of works being carried out in advance and keep them updated on progress
- Accountable for ensuring all work carried out in facilities are completed in a timely and qualitative manner;
- Ensure all works are carried out within the budget specified for the particular job;
- Liaise with the Regional Facilities Manager on a regular basis, ensuring that any issues are flagged in a timely manner;
- Ensure all tools, equipment or assigned vehicle are kept in clean/good repair;
- Ensure any tools or equipment are kept away from our clients and/or children;
- To use suppliers responsibly
- Personally aligned with our core values and beliefs; Care, Honesty, Open, Driven and Committed.
- High level of energy, urgency and drive.
- Resilient – is not afraid of a challenge or hard work.
- Good judgement. Can identify (sometimes weak) signals in a noisy environment.
- Sound, well developed influencing skills – able to build collaborative relationships quickly and effectively.
- Team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond their formal role.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
Experience and Skills Required
- Must have a recognisable skill i.e. qualified plumber, painter, electrician etc;
- Hold a full UK driving licence or a full licence which allows you to drive in the UK.
- Good communicator
- An understanding of Health & Safety
- Be able to travel and stay overnight if necessary.
- Clean DBS or risk assessed should convictions/cautions etc be declared
- Previous experience in working with vulnerable people
- Computer skills ( basic)
Transport, fuel card, phone provided