Receptionist - Harborne
Kumon is the UK and Ireland’s largest supplementary education provider, offering maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Established for over 50 years, the Kumon programmes have helped children across the globe to excel academically and develop a love of learning. There are currently over 74,000 students studying at 650 study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to work at one of our commercial study centres in the UK.
Key responsibilties of this role will include:
- To provide a professional reception/meet & greet service for parents, students and visitors
- To offer full administrative support to members of the office in all aspects of the commercial premises, including letter writing, designing newsletters, email and text message correspondence, filing, collection of fees, assisting with monthly reporting and keeping all student records up to date
- To efficiently and professionally deal with telephone/fax, email and/or post, as well as walk-in, enquiries
- Assist in maintaining facilities within the centre
- Update and maintain the business databases as and when required
- Taking messages and passing on information when members of the team are out of the office
For this role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about education with proven experience in an administrative role. This role requires a well organised and structured person with the ability to work under pressure. The successful candidate must be professional, a good communicator, and able to use their own initiative and work unsupervised. We are also looking for someone who has achieved a level A or above (or equivalent) in GCSE mathematics and a level C or above (or equivalent) in GCSE English language.
Working hours are:
11.5 hours per weekacross two days
(Monday 12.30pm-7.30pm and Tuesday 2.00pm-7.00pm)