Logistics Export Operative
I am recruiting for some experienced Export Operative/Coordinators based near Birmingham Airport; from either the Sea, Road or Air Freight logistics industry to work in a role which will oversees the full process from start to finish. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service.
You will be responsible for the full process, from start to finish of the logistics of exporting goods. This will include the booking/planning of transport, quoting and invoicing to clients, the completion of all documentation and customs clearance and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. Established over 35 years ago, they have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide arena using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents. We operate ocean freight and air freight services with a balanced portfolio of inbound and outbound blue-chip clients with an emphasis on the technological solutions that we deliver as part of our proposition.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Ensure freight is moved to customer specifications meeting all necessary requirements
- Ensure system is kept up to date with all data and events, with high accuracy of all information entered
- Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers.
- Complete the costing and billing of shipments based on pre-agreed rates
- Negotiate and agree charges for all types of shipments, which may include containers (FCL/LCL) and storage/quay rental costs.
- Ensure customs clearance documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival.
- Ensure requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective.
- Accurate & timely reporting to department manager.
- Ensure all freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
- Using internal systems to create documentation that will enable freight to be moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation, including:
- Creating and updating freight bookings.
- Raise customs documentation to ensure the freight can move from country to country.
- Collate all documents and distribute them to customers and carriers, as required.
- Preparing, processing and checking of invoices within specified deadlines prior to dispatch.
- Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets
Road Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in European road freight forwarding
Air Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in Commercial air freight forwarding
- Experience involving shipments from Far East, Indian Sub-Continent and/or USA would be ideal but not essential
Sea Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in sea freight forwarding
- Familiarity with all relevant documentation for different modes of transport for ADR and IMDG shipments.
All freight operatives must have the following
- Experience of booking and planning of transport
- Experience of shipments to and from worldwide destinations.
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant exportation documentation.
- Knowledge of customs clearance checks/documentation
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst retaining the capacity to remain calm under pressure either independently or as part of a team.
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- Multimodal experience with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air would be ideal but not essential.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPORT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £20,000-£27,000 dependant on experience
- Mon-Fri 8.30-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Melissa Patrick or Adam Price on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75490037