Principal CDM / H&S Adviser
This is an exciting opportunity to join our safety management team providing CDM/H&S adviser services to our diverse and expanding client base working in a range of sectors including infrastructure, retail, residential, healthcare, education, defence and justice.
Working as part of a large multi-disciplinary practice, you will provide Principal Designers services with our in house designers as well as providing and CDM/H&S Adviser services to external Clients, Principal Designers and Principal Contractors.
The role can be based in our Leicester, Birmingham, Nottingham office. You will be expected to promote and deliver safety management services and co-ordinate work with the wider regional team as well supporting the delivery of safety management services nationally as required.
You will be responsible for providing a range of CDM / H&S services including;
CDM adviser to Client services
- Client CDM policy, procedures and management arrangements
- CDM capability assessments of duty holders (SSiP / PAS91)
- F10 - Notification of Project to HSE
- Monitor arrangements
- Construction Phase Plan / welfare reviews
- CDM / design reviews
- Site safety compliance audits and inspection
- Health and Safety File review
Principal Designer and PD adviser services
- Design Risk Management
- CDM reviews & workshops
- Hazard identification and CDM risk registers
- Build-ability reviews
- Designing for safe use – workplace regulations
- Safe access and maintenance strategies (building and services)
- Pre-Construction Information
- Health and Safety Files
Principal Contractor support services
- Provide support services for contractors covering H&S policies, Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist contractors who are required to undertake the Principal Designer role.
As part of the role you will be expected to promote and develop safety management services with other disciplines in the Bristol office as well as other offices in the south west region including Cardiff.
In addition to providing CDM services, for suitable candidates, there may be opportunities to work with our workplace and fire safety teams.
You will be a pro-active team player comfortable working under own initiative and able to promote services, win work and deliver.
You will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate and be a member of the Association of Project Safety (CMaPS). You will be minimum Tech IOSH.
You will also demonstrate: a good standard of professional expertise; practical competence and problem-solving capability and experience, flexibility, commitment and excellent inter-personal skills.
You should have experience of working in the construction industry as designer or contractor and have a comprehensive knowledge of CDM 2015.
You should be committed to on-going development as the demands of the role requires.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We’re committed to supporting your personal aspirations - and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75487862