Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer- Birmingham 30k Benefits
My client are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer at their Manufacturing Site in Birmingham. The successful applicant will be required to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the role. This includes shift work to accommodate for the 3 production shifts.
- Respond to all maintenance issues in the Production Environment.
- Deliver Engineering Maintenance in a cost effective manner.
- Follow the Production maintenance plan, to ensure that the machinery performance and availability is achieved at all times.
- Follow maintenance operating procedures.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain tool and part inventories and the condition of the Engineering area to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Assist in the development and introduction of maintenance policies and procedures.
- Complete arranged worker training in safety, repair, maintenance techniques, operational procedures or equipment use.
- Identify when materials and supplies need reordering.
- Carry out all assigned activities effectively and efficiently in accordance with plant procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out other tasks at the discretion of the Team Leader - Maintenance.
- Maintain own discipline within the Production Unit.
- Promote Health and Safety at Work.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
- Proven knowledge & experience in maintenance or related industry experience.
- Requires experience in mechanical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical systems and equipment.
- Requires a broad knowledge of controls and mechanisms.
- Proficient in troubleshooting, design and optimisation of pneumatic systems.
- Apply strong analytical & problem solving skills in an engineering environment.
- Knowledge of problem solving and analysis tools (FMEA, 5 Whys or equivalent) and knowledge of automation systems.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Project experience e.g. new process, product, machine and tooling introduction.
- An appreciation of Lean manufacturing and qualified to Higher National Certificate level in engineering would be highly desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75481329