Technical Manager with a Metallurgy bias to work for a highly acquisitive Group. This role also offers excellent career progression in the future to move into a senior operations role if this would interst the successful candidate
Reporting to the MD you will be responsible for all metallurgical, process engineering and raw material procurement aspects of the business, including championing any continuous improvement activities.
As the successful Technical Manager you will be an excellent leader who is able to secure the financial performance of the business via appropriate management of the technical resources available. You must be able to understand the technical detail of the most significant projects and opportunities to secure an appropriate level of resource and commitment from the company to enhance the profitability of the business.
- Full ownership of the manufacturing process by controlling all the technical requirements of the site including raw material procurement, design engineering, metallurgy and process engineering.
- Lead a programme of continuous improvement activity (e.g. reducing non-conformance of scrap).
- Ensure that the technical aspects of the production cycle meet customer requirements and approvals are achieved on time.
- Lead appropriate product and process development activities (e.g. new secondary alloys, technical improvements, process control software upgrades and new equipment selection).
- Be the senior external technical representative of the site and maintain an appropriate network of contacts with their customers, suppliers and other appropriate organisations (universities, industry bodies, local societies and industrial partners).
- Prepare and report appropriate metrics to the MD and participate in the preparation of annual budgets, interim revisions, quarterly reports and other business reporting as required.
The technical nature of the role will necessitate a professional engineer with at least a degree level qualification (preferably a higher degree). The disciplines considered relevant are metallurgy or materials science, physical sciences, mechanical or general engineering. We are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate experience of materials or metallurgical processing.
- Work Experience and Person Specification:
The person we seek for this role will above all be an outstanding leader, and communicator able to fit into a fast paced manufacturing environment. Good interpersonal skills are essential as the Technical Manager will be expected to balance conflicting priorities across a number of disciplines and individuals with direct impact on business performance.
The Technical Manager will be a highly capable engineer with a questioning mind and ability to challenge the norm; especially important is that this must be coupled with an ability to identify the business advantages and market opportunities of key development activities. An interest and ability to comprehend technology and maintain a high level of awareness of the latest developments in areas of direct relevance to this role is a must
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75488727