The purpose of the job is to provide Compulsory Purchase and Compensation advice to existing as well as new Bruton Knowles clients across the West Midlands. In addition, as Bruton Knowles is a leading provider of property services to the Transport and Utilities sector your transferable skills will support our delivery to our framework clients.
You will focus on delivering valuations and providing compensation support to both claimants and acquiring authorities.
You will also develop work from new and existing sector client contacts, in association with other Team colleagues and Bruton Knowles Offices regionally.
The job will require someone who is a Chartered Surveyor and Registered Valuer.
Based on your experience this role is at Senior Surveyor/Associate level.
You are likely to be educated to degree level and be a practicing chartered surveyor with experience in Compulsory Purchase and Compensation.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to learn new skills and working methods and be adaptable to change.
- The ability to accept responsibility and, within parameters defined by the immediate performance manager, work on their own initiative.
- A willingness to undertake business development.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with and understanding of the Microsoft Office packages and preferably good keyboard skills.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- Fee Earner - maximise fee income.
- Client Manager - develop client management.
- Ensure delivery of service.
- To manage the utilisation of time for the team’s benefit. Maximising efficiency and optimising the profitability of work for the team.
- To deliver agreed budgets and targets.
- To deal with clients to a higher standard whilst retaining job profitability.
- Negotiate compensation in accordance with client’s instructions.
- Procurement of new work instructions wherever possible.
- Assist in the delivery of agreed budgets and be responsible for managing own performance whilst exceeding in core technical skills.
- To attend training sessions and team meetings.
- To provide support to other offices as directed.