Account Manager - Medical Gloves and other single-use medical devices
An Account Manager position has opened at a leading UK based supplier of disposable medical devices. This role is a permanent position and the candidate will be ideally located to cover the midlands and the north of England.
Key objectives will be to:
- To manage sales targets and sales performance across own territory, whilst contributing towards the National sales team’s targets.
- To sell the full range of medical and surgeons glove products to NHS Trust's and other customers throughout the territory.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams such as surgeons, operating theatre staff etc to promote and demonstrate the complete product portfolio.
- Provide analysis based on territory knowledge to assist in the preparation of the annual sales plans
- Identify and establish relationships with the budget holders and key decision makers within each existing or potential new customer account.
- Work in conjunction with the customer service team to manage and resolve all customer issues to ensure a seamless supply of products
- To submit timely and accurate forecasts for new business
- To attend sales meetings, training courses and appraisal meetings with active participation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key decision makers within accounts including surgeon level, clinical leads, trainers and procurement officers.
- Proactively manage clinical evaluations and conversion of accounts.
- Communicate with the Business Development Manager on all aspects of territory business in line with agreed administration protocols.
- Maintain a high standard of product and competitor knowledge.
- Ensure all sales activity is captured into the CRM, and submit monthly reports on time in accordance with company policy.
What we expect from you:
- Demonstrable knowledge of medical devices within the operating theatre environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven Sales Track Record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Must be lively, target driven and self-motivated
- Possess a positive attitude
- Possess a clean full UK driving licence
You will work from:
The role will largely be field based and as such the candidate will be expected to cover a large territory comprising the Midlands and North of England, and therefore considerable driving is to be expected. There will be occasions where the candidate will be required to attend meetings at the company’s head office in Essex.
This role will, on occasion, require the post-holder to stay away from home whilst conducting product trials/evaluations and attending long-distance meetings etc. In this event all travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be reimbursed by the company in line with company guidelines.
In return we offer:
- Basic Salary: £30,000 +
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Car
- Pension Scheme