Support Worker / Care Assistant
Bredon House is a community based accommodation and personalised support service for young people aged 18+ with autistic spectrum disorders (ASD), mild to moderate learning disabilities and complex needs. The position of Care Assistant/Support Worker is within commuting distance of Malvern, Upton On Severn, Stourport, Pershore, Ledbury, Bromyard, Tewkesbury, Droitwich, Bromsgrove and parts of Birmingham. Salary £17,440.80 p.a. (rising to £18,111.60 after successful completion of qualification)
Options Group employ 1200 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
Have you thought about a career in Care? Would you like to receive full training and support?
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY AS FULL TRAINING IS PROVIDED
To provide the highest quality of care and support as part of the care team to Service Users in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body
There may be an element of personal care required.
- Experience of working in the care sector
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to record information accurately
- Ability to deal with complex behaviour
- Achievement or willingness to work towards Health and Social Care NVQ Level 2 or Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- Be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) - funded by Options
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
If you are a caring and compassionate individual, looking to start a new career as Care Assistant/Support Worker, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary c£17,440.80 p.a., career progression and an excellent benefits package, to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Retail Discount Packages.
"Options is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"