Lead Mechanical Engineer
Responsible to the Principal or Responsible Engineer for the delivery of Mechanical Design packages, dependent on the size / complexity of the work scope.
Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the Design Input Requirements.
Capable of leading a team of Design Engineers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
Provide Engineering Support to manufacture right through to client handover.
Key Activities / Decision Areas:
* Interpretation of Design Input Requirements, in support of the Principal / Responsible Engineers into fit for purpose solutions.
* Contribution to Design Control Files
* Production and verification of fit for purpose calculations where required
* Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
* Day to day management of the Engineering design team (up to 5 personnel)
* Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
* Design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
* Implementation of UK H&S legislation and appropriate design standards
* Adherence to all company policies and procedures
* Incorporation of external specialist engineering design information
* Identification and inclusion of bought out plant and equipment
* Presentation and/or participation at HAZOP and Design Reviews
* Liaison with Manufacturing, Testing and Commissioning personnel to ensure design optimisation
* Incorporating the requirements of the Operating, Maintenance and Recovery features within the design.
* Implementation of Design Change Control
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be HNC Qualified (or Equivalent)
* Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
* Nuclear Industry Experience preferred
* Management of Design teams
* Broad based experience in the Detailed Design of Mechanical Equipment
* Experienced in 2D and 3D design software packages
* Conversant with British and European Technical and Legislative standards
Careers in the nuclear sector offer you the chance to work on challenging, interesting and diverse projects. And with the sector experiencing a period of growth both nationally and internationally, with a particular emphasis on the UK market, our client relies on a continuous flow of talent coming into their organisation.
With primary locations in the UK and Genoa, as well as representative offices in France, Romania, Slovakia and Argentina, career opportunities also have a global reach.
Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider in this sector.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75493964