My Client is a successful manufacturing business witnessing exponential growth over the last 12 month. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced production engineer to act as a technical lead with regards to new Product Introduction, process and problem resolution.
- Recommendation and validation of new equipment and processes within manufacturing
- Leads continuous improvements projects that achieve key design and product cost targets
- Investigate technical issues and designs, implement solutions.
- Technical lead in staff development across the business
- Support the Engineering manager in providing specific technical direction and support to other engineering staff.
- Support cross functional activities
- Ensure all process are compliant with national and legal regulations
- Instill Poke Yoke to enhance Quality and Productivity of the process.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Technical presentations for future activities
- Initiates and manages change controls, maintain records and reporting systems.
- There may be requirement to work on shift sometimes (6-2 or 2-10)
- At least 5 years experience operating in a similar role is essential
- Experience of managing projects is essential.
- Good understand of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S disciples.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a 'refer a friend' reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75493227