Finance Support Officer
The SRA and the Law Society are looking for a Finance Support Officer to provide financial admin support to our Financial and Management Accounting Teams in Birmingham.
What is in it for you
* Join a highly-motivated, supportive and pro-active finance team
* Enjoy a broad ranging and varied work-load
* Benefit from a fantastic opportunity to develop your accountancy knowledge and skills
Working as a Finance Support Officer role within the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Law Society's shared service function, you will provide sound admin support to the Financial and Management Accounting teams.
You will be responsible for preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, monthly manual journals and financial analysis of expenses and recode journals. Supporting the Assistant Financial Accountant you will liaise within finance and the wider business to understand and resolve reconciling items. You will also offer support to ad-hoc projects and monitor controls and requests related to the Finance IT system, assisting the System Accountant.
You will be required to manage the conflicting priorities of multiple stakeholders, demonstrating excellent customer service, multi-tasking and managing customer expectations. You will be pro-active, continually assess current financial processes for potential improvements and propose changes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their finance knowledge and skills in a reputable organisation.
What are we looking for
* Good Accountancy knowledge - AAT or equivalent are desired
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills - filtering and manipulating data
* Enthusiastic and resilient individual who works well in a team
* Excellent numeracy, communication and customer service skills
Application and interview process
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter. Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills, and experience requirements of the role.
Interviews for this role will take place on the 24 and 25 August 2017, you must be available to interview on either of these dates.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75488573