Online Trading Executive
National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016.
Our company have been recognised for our commitment to World Class Safety - receiving the British Safety Council's Sword of Honour for the second year running as well as achieving the Investors in People Silver Award 2015 - 2018.
Here at our Head Office in Birmingham's creative quarter of Digbeth, we run one of the UK's busiest travel websites. Our mission is simple and significant in scope - to move as many people, as possible, around the UK.
As a consequence, we are constantly updating and improving our digital presence to make it more compelling and attractive to our customers.
Working alongside some of the UK's biggest names in transport and entertainment we get our customers to where they need to be, on time and at a competitive price.
As you would expect, we are agile, fast moving and we are on the cutting edge when it comes to delivery. We provide mobile and desktop experiences for our customers, to support each stage of the customer life cycle.
We offer great variety too, and expect plenty of flexibility from our people.
So if you are looking for a place where you'll be challenged, be allowed to be creative, and where you can make a difference, please apply.
We are looking for a Online Trading Executive who will be the engine delivering the changes we make to the website content, offers and promotions. A clear thinker with passion, energy, attention to detail, and drive to manage and improve our experience. You will combine customer understanding, with the ability to make commercially sound decisions translating marketing ideas and promotions into online experiences.
You will be collaborative and agile, clear in communication and honest, you will be a team player capable of working across both stakeholders within the business and with our technical teams.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A wide skill and experience set consisting of UX, marketing and content administration
- Ability to work with digital platforms to create and update content
- An ease with numbers, reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines such as SEO, PPC, affiliates paid social, email and display.
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently on a list of tasks
- UX skills - you understand the most efficient route of purchase, helping to improve the usability, ease of use and interaction between the customer and the website.
- CX skills - you will live and breathe the customer experience, and possess a detailed understanding of the end to end user journey and how critical functionality links together
This is a new role at National Express, and as such you will be an integral part of our business, working closely not only with the Digital team but also with key stakeholders, and others areas of the business.
Key aspects of the role
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager in day to day trading activities
- Managing multiple and varied internal stakeholder requirements
- Reporting and analysis of promotions and digital marketing initiatives
- Coordinating and creating the online experience for marketing and promotional activities
- Creating online content and landing pages to support promotions and activities
- Experience working in a digital role, in a similarly fast paced and growing business
- Experience working with website content and content management systems
- You will possess a combination of paid search, UX and CX skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of affiliate marketing and leveraging partnerships for commercial value
- Ability to explain and inform customers (internal and external) on product changes
- Detailed and broad experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Passionate about solving problems for our customers