Children's Care and Support Worker
We get better every day. Join us.
Residential Care Workers
We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for, and those who care for them. That’s why, as a Cambian Care and Support Worker, you’ll get all the coaching and training you need to do amazing work that helps the people you care for achieve their personal best. And become better at your job, every minute of every day.
You don’t need experience to join our committed and passionate team – we’ll provide you with all the help you need to get started and develop a rewarding career. If you’re already working in this area, you’ll find this is a place where you can develop further and faster. But we do expect you to be a real people person who believes they can help anyone achieve their next goal. We operate homes throughout Somerset, covering Taunton, Bridgwater, Yeovil and Street. We also have a homes in Devon locations, such as Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay.
In return, we’ll give you excellent training and development, plus a very competitive salary and great benefits including child care vouchers, employee discount scheme, long service and recognition awards, and our cycle to work scheme. Please note: candidates must be at least 21 years old, and possess a full driving license to be considered for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide care for young people through:
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning etc)
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways of dealing with problems
- Helping young people gain self control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each young person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs
To act as a key worker through:
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra curricular activities
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion
- Encouraging the young person to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social network
To work as part of a team through:
- Being aware of the aims and objectives of the home and working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve them
- Attending team/ staff meetings and making a positive contribution to them
- Receiving and storing information to improve communication
- Being willing to give and receive feedback on performance with colleagues and managers
- Being aware of childcare plans for all young people and providing support for colleagues by maintaining consistency in the execution of those plans
- Providing informal practical and emotional support to colleagues experiencing difficulties
- Attending and contributing to regular supervision sessions in line with the National Minimum Standards
- Being familiar with all policies and procedures and adhering to them
- Attending young people’s meetings and contributing to them
- Driving company vehicles (current driving licence holders subject to procedures)
- Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of financial records appropriate to the duties of the post
Ready to achieve your personal best? Apply Now