Home Care Worker
Location: Walsall Salary: £8.00-£10.00 Per Hour
Are you a friendly, fun, energetic and bubbly character with good communication skills, a caring nature, and passionate in proving outstanding care and support to children and young people?
We have exciting opportunities for a young persons Care/Support worker to join the N-Trust care family. The successful individual would be responsible for the provision of supporting young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs, and challenging behaviour within the home, community and during activities.
The successful candidate would need to be very pro-active in supporting individuals within a community based setting therefore candidates will need to have the ability to be creative in setting activities in line with a person centred care plan and understand those with complex needs.
- Staff must have excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Have experience supporting children and young adults with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and or complex needs.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding and the significance of safeguarding.
- Ability to use your own initiative whilst working within the role, and be seen to contribute to team ethos and dynamics off the organisation.
- At least 6 months UK based experience within a children’s residential setting is required
- Ability to lone work as well as working as part of a team.
Preferred but not essential:
- QCF2 (NVQ2) or above is desirable but not essential
- CYP Level 2 or above
All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check, expense to be met by applicant