PA to Director & Office Manager
Jardine Motors Group is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. We are dedicated to delivering unparalleled customer service and exceptional opportunities for our colleagues.
Established more than four decades ago, Jardine Motors Group has grown from a family-run vehicle retailer to the representative of 24 manufacturers in over 75 locations. We combine the best of traditional family business values with the cutting edge retail experience that our customers desire.
Jardine Motors Group is part of the one of the world’s largest and most successful corporations in the world: Jardine Matheson. Since 1832, Jardines has prospered, developing multiple groups in a variety of business sectors, some of which include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group; JLT, a leading London-listed provider of insurance; Hongkong Land, a listed property group with some 800,000 sq.m. of prime commercial property in Asia, and Dairy Farm, a retail group operating over 6,400 outlets. To find out more about Jardine Matheson, click here: www.jardines.com.
Overview of role
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to shine in a progressive business representing some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands?
With people at the core of our strategy we are discerning about whom we employ, we expect every colleague to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers’ needs in line with our core values. We are looking for someone that has a desire to succeed, has outstanding communication and influencing skills and also possesses a proven track record of success.
Committed to growing our business, an opportunity has arisen for a PA to our Divisional Director and Office Manager to join our team.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
Duties in this role include:
- Working closely with the Divisional Director and Dealership Management team, providing full administrative and secretarial support, ensuring the successful adherence to appropriate policies and procedures.
- Developing effective and streamlined working relationships with Divisional Director, key manufacturer stakeholders, and Jardine Motors Group colleagues.
- Co-ordinating projects, ensuring their completion within agreed timescales.
- Arranging meetings on behalf of the Divisional Director, producing action points, where required, and ensuring they are carried out.
- Maintaining employee records for all direct reports of the Divisional Director, ensuring that all confidential information is up-to-date and stored securely.
- To develop an extensive knowledge of the dealership and its group, and a clear understanding of its values and key stakeholders.
- To be responsible for all aspects of HR, Recruitment, Training and Payroll administration for the dealership.
- Be the insurance co-ordinator for the dealership.
When you join Jardine Motors Group you will have the opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career and assume accountability for delivering the highest levels of service. We believe that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also have access to a range of other benefits including, annual leave purchase scheme, childcare voucher scheme, vehicle and cycle to work purchase schemes, preferential service rates, pension scheme and life assurance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of HR administration, and a basic understanding of employment legislation, is desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and mange own workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times