Personal Support Assistant Care Assistant
We are currently looking for an experienced Personal Support Assistant(Care Assistant) to deliver care and support to residents at our brnad new Longbridge Retirement Village and Hagley Road Retirement Village in Birmingham. Depending on your QCF/NVQ Qualification the successful Personal Support Assistant(Care Assistant) will be rewarded with £8.01 to £8.54 per hour, working zero hour contracts.
As our Personal Support Assistant you will be responsible to ensure the day to day assistance to elderly residents with due respect for their individual needs and independence. The service you provide must be outcome based with 5 key objectives to enable people to achieve economic well being, be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve and make a positive contribution.
Longbridge is our fifth retirement Village in Birmingham. There are 260 apartments for affordable rent and purchase and a host of social and leisure facilities to enjoy. The Village is set on five acres fronting Lickey Road on the edge of Longbridge Town Centre. The Village opened in July 2017.
Reporting into a Care Supervisor the key duties and responsibilities of our Personal Support Assistant(Care Assistant) include:
- Provide all aspects of personal care to residents in accordance with their individual needs
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary.
- Encourage each resident to be as independent as possible in all aspects of living
- Assist in the provision of day care / night care facilities
- Work closely with family and friends and volunteers for the general well being of the resident
- Assist with the day to day housekeeping and laundry duties. Provide a personalised housing related to support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible.
- Develop a good understanding of policies and procedures and complete all statutory and mandatory training as prescribed by ExtraCare
To become a Personal Support Assistant (Care Assistant), we are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Qualified at NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
- An enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to peoples lives.
Established in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity who support over 4,400 residents within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Supported by 3,000 volunteers and local people our mission is to give older people an independent, safe and secure future in a network of inspirational communities. Our 60 Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living in its villages and schemes.
This role will be subject to satisfactory DBS check, written references and Home Office right to work clearance.
Apply today for the role of Personal Support Assistant. We look forward to reviewing your application.