My client is a frozen food distributor who is looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to join their growing team. You will ideally have experience of warehousing and transport or come from a 3PL background
Frozen food distributor
- Leading a team of Direct Reports and General Warehouse Operatives in their daily workload.
- Ensuring that orders are picked, marshalled, unloaded and loaded in line with Customer specifications.
- Carry out daily inspections of the work place.
- Complete and Carry out Personal Development Plans for all members of their team.
- Ensure that a high standard of Health & Safety is adhered within the working environment.
- Communicating regularly with Team Leaders/Senior Managers regarding any issues that may arise within the warehouse.
- Manage the team's performance in line with KPI's as required.
- Adhere to Hygiene policy ensuring that the companies waste management program is adhered too and that we remain BRC compliant.
- Ensure that is adequate support for the picking, marshalling, cleaning, goods-in, pallet checking teams at all times.
- Maintaining and managing the 'live' operational status board at all times throughout the shift
- Management of T&A, holidays and absences
- Attention to detail/accuracy including budget control.
- Strong ability to coach, develop and drive teams forward to reach set business objectives.
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a team or as standalone.
- Conscientious and reliable.
- Flexible attitude.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels including client facing.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines.
- Have a good working knowledge within a Warehouse and Logistics operation.
- Be proactive and make good decisions.
- Work and communicate effectively across multi functional depts.
A salary of £29,000 + Benefits