Junior Design Engineer
I am now working on behalf of a leading Engineering & Manufacturing business, based in Derby, who now have the opportunity to recruit a Junior Design Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are looking to train and develop within the area of design and development. Candidates who have some design experience and looking for long term stability and progression should apply.
My client are based in Derby but come with a Global brand which is recognised in many industry sectors, including defence. They are renowned for there training and development opportunities, within a very specific area, within a global presence. If you are looking for a long, stable and progressive career with a market leading brand please apply below.
This position is new to market and will be based in Derby but may include some travel if and when required. As the Junior Design Engineer you will work as part of a small engineering team with the added support of a senior member of the team. This is a training development position within the design & development department, but candidates will need to have some understanding and the ability to complete and implement design drawings using SolidWorks as a preference.
Other Duties Include:
To provide support to the design and development of products within the department.
- To produce technical drawings using Solidworks.
- To provide support to the company as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- To gain a working knowledge of engineering through a combination of work shadowing, task completion, training and study.
- To carry out the duties below in a manner that complies with the Health and Safety at Work Legislation that is to work safely and with due regard to health, safety and welfare of both themselves and of other employees in the company.
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the company Health and Safety Manual.
- To provide support to Engineers and Chemists to gain knowledge of the design of inert of products.
- To be familiar with the Company 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks CAD Packages in order to produce and maintain drawings and solid models.
To apply for the position of Junior Design Engineer, based in Derby you will have some understanding and the ability to complete and implement design drawings using SolidWorks as a preference.
- You will be keen to progress and motivated.
- You will have a Engineering qualification (HNC/HND/Degree or Apprentice).
- You will live commutable to Derby (Nottingham may be considered).
Salary will be £22,000 - £24,000 with a 12 month salary review.