DELIVERED SERVICES MANAGER - c£25k Excellent Benefits - WEST BROM
Delivered Services Manager
c£25k + Excellent Benefits
Monday - Friday (inc some weekends)
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive. co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter .com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Delivered Service Manager on behalf of our client, an established but growing FMCG group, importing food and non-food goods from all over the world supplying to multiple sectors throughout the UK.
As part of their continued success & expansion across all business functions, they have requested Strive to source a Delivered Service Manager, to lead and manage the operations team ensuring fantastic customer service is delivered and the day to day running of warehouse operations functions are as smooth and efficient as possible, whilst also crossing over to the transport side of the operation from time to time, so would suit someone who has working knowledge of current WTD and driver legislations.
The role is predominantly Monday to Friday (11am-8pm) but some flexibility is required for weekends (Approx. 2in4)
- Manage and Lead a team of employees in line with operational needs, company policy and procedure
- Ensure orders are picked accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinate drivers to ensure deliveries are completed within customer requirements and cost effectively
- Assist with loading/unloading of deliveries and the day-to-day management of your team’s holidays/sickness, etc
- Liaise with the Depot Manager, telesales team and Finance Director etc. regarding improvements and coordination of the delivered service, ensuring continuous improvement across all functions
- Take ownership of training, discipline and motivation of all staff, ensuring that there is always sufficient staff cover
- Delivering a high standard of Health & Safety and food safety across the board
- Key Holder responsibilities - including on call responsibilities on a rota with other managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- A track record of supervisory experience - within a FMCG environment would be advantageous
- Current working knowledge of WTD, Driver Legislation and VOSA requirements for up to Class 2 vehicles
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and key stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing work environment
- Confident and pro-active with a self-motivated approach to work
On offer is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business which offers exceptional development opportunities to grow within the business, with excellent added benefits.