The job holder operates as a key member of the content team assisting the Brand Editor in producing content across all platforms, with specific responsibility for creating, collating and editing content to the level required. Sparkling pages - both in print and online - are the main measure of success. The job holder is also responsible for assisting the Brand Editor in managing the workflow of all content to ensure daily and monthly production targets and deadlines are met. As required, the job holder is expected to originate features for both print and online platforms.
* Subediting Subediting content for print and online, specifically this means copy editing, writing headlines, sells, standfirsts and captions, proofreading and correcting proofs and ensuring any credits for pictures/logos provided by editorial team members, both in-house and freelance, are published correctly and fact checking. Liaising with the art hub with regards to the production of pages managed by the Features Editor is also a key.
* Content Origination Researching, writing, sourcing picture content, subediting and proofing own content from start to finish on topics agreed with Editor.
* Commissioning Creating briefs for freelance contributors (including journalists and photographers) as required, and ensuring content is submitted in a timely fashion and to brief.
* Strategy Involved in content planning meetings and being a key contributor, with creative ideas, to all strategy sessions associated with the brand across all platforms.
* Proofreading Proofreading print and digital content, as required.
* Admin/Organisation Assist in the various duties associated with a busy content team, including but not limited to liaising with contributors, PRs and the public through various channels; mailing issues to featured readers; handling reader enquiries; liaising with sales teams; liaising with the digital hub in order to create video content, as required.
* Social Media Use of Twitter and other social media channels to promote content.
* Web Editing Working with the Brand Editor and Digital Content Lab, you will assist in editing content for the Homebuilding website. This involves helping to assess content gaps, assisting in managing the homepage and landing pages, and writing/editing copy in Wordpress as required.
BEHAVIOURS & KNOWLEDGE
* Expert Editor: Outstanding command of written English, feature writing and editing skills, strong creative and visual skills; first-rate proofreading and sub editing skills.
* Journalist: Tenacious researcher, able to go beyond the surface of a story and interpret often complex issues for readers in engaging copy.
* Technical Skills: Expert in Adobe CS and Wordpress, good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Organiser: Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise conflicting work deadlines.
* Team Player: Working as part of a small team producing a lot of content across many platforms, you will require excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to work collaboratively, including giving and receiving feedback in a constructive, positive manner. Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem solving approach.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Quality and quantity of content produced across all platforms - measured by assessing personal content output, analysis of digital audience views and retention, and level of social media activity.
* Print publications are released to printers to the approved deadlines set by the publisher, comfortably and smoothly. * Producing brilliant, eye catching heads and sells, pull quotes etc. that really maximise audience engagement across all platforms, including SEO.
* Achievement and maintenance of consistently high production values for written text.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75497884