We are looking for a Teaching Assistant with a difference. What is the difference? Your capacity to work with Secondary-aged pupils with barriers to learning and who display challenging behaviour. This local PRU is making significant progress in enabling children and young adults to re-enter mainstream education or take up college or work placements. This progress has been achieved as a result of an absolutely outstanding leadership, teaching and support team who have adopted a completely new approach to enable learning regardless of ability. Focus has become less classroom-based although the full academic curriculum is being achieved and is driven by supported outdoor and team based activities.
Pupils are making progress and not just a small amount but enough progress to achieve good grades in the GCSE’s enabling them to progress to work or further education placements. The difference a bit of "belief" can have at school level in pupils that have been excluded from other settings has been exceptional.
To apply for this role you must be:-
- Used to working with Secondary-aged pupils
- Happy to working with pupils with barriers to learning
- A great listener - Find out why they are not engaged at school and help create programmes they can actually achieve
- Able to make learning fun, understand when a pupil needs to let off a bit of steam
- Happy to enjoy some focus on core subjects - Maths, English, Science. You must know how to unravel these and make learning fun
- Sporty - Able to bring some physical elements both inside and outside the classroom
- Positively motivated and really want pupils to make progress
In return you will enjoy:-
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term prospects with additional CPD as required
- Exceptional support from your local Consultant
To apply you must have:-
- Recent relevant experience working at school level as a TA , Learning Mentor or LSA
- Education-based refences
- Current DBS or happy to apply for a new one
For an immediate local interview please email me your CV or call for an informal chat.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.