Reporting to the Delivery Director you will take on the responsibility for the end to end learning and development process within division. You will develop and implement a learning strategy and platform to deliver a blended approach to learning. Working closely with the senior management team, technology delivery teams, project organisation, maintenance and support organisation, Field Operations, HR teams and learning partners, you will build on our internal capability at all levels. This will include the development of our young people development programs, taking responsibility for maintaining our training and accreditation competencies and encouraging collaboration and the sharing of knowledge within the business.
We are looking for -
- Significant experience in a learning and development position
- Industry experience managing training and development in telecommunications, transport, ICT, construction, or utilities
- Experience of designing and implementing learning solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to bring together diverse groups
- Demonstrable intellectual capacity to develop and deliver simple solutions to complex Service challenges
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence for the complexity, challenge and pressures on people working in a UK Technology Service environment
- Managing a team through change.
- Experience of delivering training and development needs to maintain compliance to NHSS8
Typical Deliverables include:
- Commission the most effective and efficient ways to develop and deliver the right learning solutions for the division, such as mentoring, classroom training, 1-2-1 sessions and e-learning
- To own the training budget and track levels of spend and time spent on training
- To assist in the development of detailed business cases to support change and present for approval of learning development initiatives and assess the return on investment of any training or development programme as required;
- Deliver an effective apprenticeship programme in conjunction with HR and external associations such as local business, customers and colleges;
- Working with the functional heads of delivery to identify training and development needs and new product development training packages, assess skills gaps in line with forecasted work and trends within the business. Present forecasted training requirements and seek approval from senior management;
- Implement, manage and maintain accurate training, certificate and accreditation records through an effective e-2-e Learning Management Software;
- Plan and co-ordinate courses with training providers and organise class sessions, including the invites to attendees and other resources required;
- To manage and maintain recognised training certifications and accreditations with equipment vendors and recognised professional training providers;
- Provide updated and regular reports in association with learning and development programs or training, skills and competencies records;
- Development of the skills and competency matrix, working with the Business Intelligence team to implement a system to support the matrix and integration into the resource allocation and scheduling tool;
- To maintain the divisional skills register that include but not exhaustive, Working at Height, Technical, ITIL, Security, Health and Safety, First Aid, Quality, Customer Specifics, Site Access to ensure operational capability is available to support current and new services and technologies in line with telent's operational market strategies;
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- With assistance from the Head of Quality Assurance, support annual Sector Scheme audits with Certifying Body;
- Conduct internal verification audits on internal Register Approved Trainers;
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in the workplace learning and presenting this research.
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube or dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
For over a decade, telent has worked behind the scenes to provide innovative technology and network services to many of the UK and Ireland's largest, most essential service providers. From telecoms to defence; utilities to emergency services - when it matters most we deliver.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.