European Logistics Coordinator
An urgent, immediate opportunity for an experienced European Logistics Coordinator has arisen to join a growing boutique logistics provider. Based in Smethwick the remuneration will include a salary circa £27,000 p.a. + generous holidays + company benefits.
Our client specialises in the bespoke, same day logistics services to the Manufacturing and Automotive sectors. They have an extensive UK and European freight network that includes transport operationsThe Role
As European Logistics Coordinator, you are to keep IT systems updated and comply with all domestic road legislation's. Alongside this you will also be required to control day to day shipments, utilising 3rd party carriers.
This role requires an immediate start.
System procedures must be kept up to date, customers to be informed of status on all shipments, sub-contractor status to be up to date.
As European Logistics Coordinator you will be working predominately in European Road Freight, the key aspects of your role will be:-
- Requirement gathering for shipments and customers.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and suppliers including customer service
- Design cost effective route solutions
- First point of contact for shipping orders.
- To monitor the status of shipments and deal with any issues there are.
- Arrange return logistics for reusable packaging,
- After service of deliveries, including analysis of temperature data.
In order to fulfil the role of European Logistics Coordinator you must have:
- Ideally a speak 2 European languages
- Sameday planning experience.
- Planning routes across the UK and Europe.
- Ideally a CPC
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working directly within a Transport Company or 3PL.
- Previous experience including communicating with carriers to agree transport costs.
- 12 months minimum logistics experience required.
- Able to work in a busy pressurised environment.
- English language and European language would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of the transport industry.
- Monitoring and updating database with the progression of shipments.
As the leading Transport, Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please email quoting Reference GW/011079
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.