Purchasing Manager - Birmingham
Purchasing Manager - Birmingham
Oliver William Recruitment are looking for a Purchasing Manager with a strong purchasing background, to join an international automotive tier 2 manufacturer based in Birmingham, initially on an interim basis.
As a Purchasing Manager with our client, your role will involve, the effective management of the purchasing process to ensure products and services are ordered correct to specification with on-time deliveries to enable manufacturing schedule adherence. Achievement of metrically driven cost and stock objectives with compliance to both external and internal procedural requirements.
As a Purchasing Manager, your duties will include:
- Management of Supply Chain to achieve targeted performance levels in terms of quality, cost and delivery
- Setting up of supplier PPM process and launch of key suppliers onto the initiative
- Set up and proceduralise a supplier evaluation system & audited health check
- Review and evaluate best practice goods receiving process and procedures
- Deliver specific product supplier rationalisation
- Cascade operational defects to suppliers and support problem resolution
- Review BOM's and EUR spend, define BREXIT strategy on key suppliers’ currency exposure
- Cleanse Sage System and ensure BOM accuracy, min/max flags, lead times and up to date costings
- Fully utilise Sage MRP system to drive scheduled ordering of materials
- Support TS16949 and Customer Specific VDA audits, ensure functional excellence
- Remain conversant with trends in raw material prices utilising available resources including London Metal Exchange to set purchasing strategy
- Deliver target cost savings on freight transport
- Determine departmental staffing needs, identify what is required to support operational excellence and NPI
- Cascade KPI's to members of staff, how is their performance monitored
- Set up staff objectives, monitor compliance and coach staff
- Develop and manage RM planning and purchasing to ensure optimum balance between stock levels and lead time to customers
- Deploy stock turnover ratio evaluation and set achievable targets
- Achieve target BOM reduction for FY17
- Generate and report departmental KPIs and performance metrics
The ideal Purchasing Manager candidate will possess excellent negotiation, communication and organisation skills, along with an exceptional eye for detail. They will be able to work well under pressure and with people at all levels and must be very flexible, self-motivated and possess a "can-do" attitude. The ideal candidate will be CIPS qualified, have at least 3 years’ direct purchasing experience within the automotive tier 1&2 arena and have a track record of delivering projects and achieving cost reductions.
Initially this is a 6-month, full-time position, offering the ideal candidate a really exciting opportunity to be involved in the procurement team of a multi-million pound, multi-national organisation. The working hours are 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday with an early finish on a Friday and the company is looking to pay a salary of around £40,000 per annum.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you have the necessary level of experience, then please submit your application ASAP.