Shift pattern (9 - 5, early, late, nights, rota etc?)
Monday to Friday 37 ½ hours- flexibility available for working hours
Will there be any weekend shifts that must be worked? Please provide details
Number of staff required
Would a job share be suitable?
Area of work e.g. acute, community, mental health etc (assignment code)
Main Duties & Capabilities
Clinical and Organisational
1. Be professionally and legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care. Ensure a very high standard of clinical care for the patients under your management and support junior staff to do likewise.
2. Communicate effectively with patients and carers to maximise rehabilitation potential and ensure understanding of condition.
3. Use communication tools (verbal and non-verbal) to gain informed consent from patients including where there are barriers to effective communication.
4. Assess capacity and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
5. Undertake the comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of patients including those with a highly complex presentation, using investigative and analytical skills. Formulate individualised management and treatment plans using clinical reasoning and utilise a wide range of treatment skills and options to deliver specialised programmes of care.
6. Demonstrate a sound understanding of clinical governance and risk management and apply to work situation.
7. Accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, to organise / triage this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
8. Be aware of Health and Safety aspects of your work and comply with any policies which may be required to maintain and improve the safety of your work area, including the prompt recording or reporting of incidents or accidents.
9. Actively participate in working parties within own area of speciality developing policy changes which will impact on service users.
10. Provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to relatives, carers and other professionals to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
11. Provide specialist advice to physiotherapy colleagues regarding this clinical area.
12. Provide specialist advice, teaching and training to other members of MDT regarding physiotherapy management of patients.
13. Train, supervise and performance-manage more junior staff, technical instructors, assistants and students. This will include the use of formal appraisal documentation.
14. Participate in recruitment and selection procedures.
15. Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
1. Maintain own continuing professional development and portfolio (CPD), also by keeping abreast of any new trends and developments and incorporate them as necessary into own work.
2. Assume responsibility to remain fit for practice within clinical area.
3. Be an active member of the in-service training programme, by attending and delivering presentations at staff meetings, tutorials, training sessions in house and by attending external courses and utilising reflective practise.
4. Communicate complex patient related information effectively to ensure collaborative working with MDT members across health, social services, private providers and other agencies, to enable the delivery of a co-ordinated multi-disciplinary service.
5. Participate in the staff appraisal scheme and personal development plan (PDP), as both appraiser and appraisee.
6. Undertake the measurement and evaluation of own work, and current practises through the use of Evidence Based Practice Projects, audit and outcome measures either individually or with Clinical Specialist, Team Leader or Manager. Make recommendations for change and initiate change where appropriate.
7. Commit to a philosophy of care which has an emphasis on self-management and client empowerment through undertaking health education and health promotion activities.
[Updated May 2014, AFC]
Any essential criteria that the applicant must have?
A self- motivated team player with well-rounded clinical background with past experience of lone working, delegation to and support/ supervision of assistants and community rehabilitation of multi-pathology.
What training will be offered? Eg - Induction,
systems training etc.
Induction to locality with training in use of Carenotes system.
Is a smart card required? If yes, what programmes will be required
Is uniform required? Please provide details of attire needed
White tunic and navy trousers and closed shoes/ trainers.
Can agency staff wear their own uniforms?
Yes if appropriate for role
Please contact Gemma at Piers Meadows