Join our team in Oswestry, 20 minutes away from Shrewsbury and Wrexham, to be sales manager in our busy fashion watch and homewares clock company selling to stores like John Lewis, Debenhams, as well as supermarkets and independent stores. This is a senior level sales manager role working with Newgate’s Managing Directors to develop, plan, manage and execute overall sales strategy, with significant growth, in-line with company objectives. We would like you to have a proven track record in managing and growing a business on an international level.
• Preparation and management of sales plans, targets and performance monitoring with robust sales reports, continuously analysing the sales strategy and tweaking as often as necessary.
• Ability to run and create sales reports directly off the system, using them to manage the sales team, study key account performance and monitor bestselling ranges and products.
• Managing a small UK sales team, studying the customer base of independent stores and directing the team to maximise opportunities in the office and on the road.
• Ensure that retailers are equipped to promote and sell the brand to consumers, enabling them to become ambassadors for the brand.
• Work with our rep group in the USA to ensure the reps have everything they need to seize opportunities and grow sales.
• Liaise with the purchase and supply chain team to observe and assist with the smooth flow of customer orders.
• Oversee customer service, to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain and build on the brand’s strong reputation.
• Identify and execute new export opportunities, increasing export sales and distribution. • Attend sales meetings and exhibitions in the UK and overseas.
• Excellent written communication skills, with a friendly, helpful, precise and persuasive voice.
• A proven negotiator.
• Accurate mathematical skills and thinking in terms profit, loss and added value. We cannot misquote, ever, and need a real understanding of budgets, forecasts and control costs.
• Making presentations and undertaking public speaking with skill and confidence. • Keeping up to date on competitor information and market trends.
• This role reports to the Managing Directors.
• We are looking for a dynamic, fun loving person with strong communication, negotiation, organisational and troubleshooting skills, possessing a high level of attention detail and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
It’s important the successful candidate enjoys the entrepreneurial character and culture at Newgate, where we seek a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to changes as the company grows.