Fixed Asset Accountant
The role is Fixed Asset Accountant is to maintain effective and continuous control of the Fixed Asset Register in line with the companies accounting policies. Be able to provide accurate, up to date information regarding capital projects, additions, transfers and disposals to relevant parties. Produce a full suite of fixed asset controls reports and work with the project managers to monitor and control spend.
The post holder shall:
- Identify all capital expenditure and allocate it against the correct project.
- Ensure depreciation is accurately calculated and charged to the income statement within the agreed timescales. Provide detailed information to support any variances.
- Reconcile several key Fixed Asset balance sheet accounts.
- Complete and submit fixed asset questionnaires received from the Office for National Statistics
- Ability to provide detailed information on ad hoc data requests.
- Produce a full suite of fixed asset controls reports and work with the project managers to monitor and control spend.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
Suitable candidates will have/be:
A team player.
Build relationships with colleagues across all groups.
Participate in building community links through team community challenges.
Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
Works hard at positive relationships within the team.
Proven track record for attendance and time keeping.
Strong customer focus and a commitment to quality and service.
Cares about customers always striving to exceed their expectations
Contributes to effective team working.
Committed to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
Drive to resolve queries and improve processes.
Organisational skills to achieve agreed deadlines and SLAs.
Positive approach to change.
Commitment to health and safety.
Make recommendations for improvements.
Financial Accounting and Fixed asset knowledge is desirable.
Professional accountancy qualification, studying towards AAT, or the early stages of CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
Excellent IT skills, adaptable to learning new systems and interrogating information held in systems.
18 months experience in a Finance environment is desirable.
Experience in a similar role would be desirable.
Intermediate level Excel.