Purpose of Role
We are seeking four Senior Supervisors to supervise the delivery of Civils works on an assigned section of the Midland Main Line Electrification Project.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor operations.Principal Accountabilities
- To undertake the management of labour force and subcontractors
- Liaise with the Supervisor, Planner and Sector or Operations Manager to establish programme of works (weekly rolling) and method of working.
- To control the works of the labour teams and to issue works to gangs in a structured and organised manner
- Inspect, prepare and maintain site for the execution of work.
- Organise the mobilisation / demobilisation of labour, plant, materials and equipment for the execution of the works in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Monitor and control quality of works and motivate resources to ensure finished work is in accordance with the drawings, specifications and Employer’s requirements.
- Implement, maintain and monitor systems for managing site safety, welfare and environmental issues (including giving toolbox talks and briefings).
- People Management – Safety Briefings, Performance Reviews, Development, Discipline/Grievance and other People Policies
- Processes – Accurate and Timely Completion of
a. Job Packs
- Finance – Minimise Material consumption, Manage PPE, Plant Hire Cost management
- Continuous Improvement – Minimise abortive and repeat visits
- Effective Communication/Relationships – public and customer
- Issue Resolution – public and customer
This role is a permanent position attracting a competitive salary, plus the following package:
Company vehicle & fuel card
26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with us for a short while
Up to an additional 6 days volunteering leave
BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands