Senior S&T Cabling Supervisor
Purpose of Role
The work to electrify the Midland Main Line is a vital aspect of Network Rail's strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway. Carillion Powerlines Group Joint Venture are carrying out works to make the line completely electrified using a 25kV Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) design. Bridges and tunnels on the route will be altered or rebuilt as well as work to remodel stations and carry out line speed improvements.
We are seeking a Senior S&T Cabling Supervisor to supervise the installation and diversion of cable routes on the Midland Main Line based out of Derby.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor operations.
To undertake the management of labour force and subcontractors
- Liaise with the Supervisor, Planner and Sector or Operations Manager to establish programme of works (weekly rolling) and method of working.
- To control the works of the labour teams and to issue works to gangs in a structured and organised manner
- Inspect, prepare and maintain site for the execution of work.
- Organise the mobilisation / demobilisation of labour, plant, materials and equipment for the execution of the works in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Monitor and control quality of works and motivate resources to ensure finished work is in accordance with the drawings, specifications and Employer’s requirements.
- Implement, maintain and monitor systems for managing site safety, welfare and environmental issues (including giving toolbox talks and briefings).
- People Management – Safety Briefings, Performance Reviews, Development, Discipline/Grievance and other People Policies
- Processes – Accurate and Timely Completion of
a. Job Packs
- Finance – Minimise Material consumption, Manage PPE, Plant Hire Cost management
- Continuous Improvement – Minimise abortive and repeat visits
- Effective Communication/Relationships – public and customer
- Issue Resolution – public and customer
A career with Carillion is rewarding in more ways than one. As well as the chance to do meaningful work, you can typically expect to enjoy:
Generous holiday entitlement
Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
Private health insurance
Carillion ‘Thank you’ scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and discounts on High Street brands.