Churchill Howard are partnering with a leading services business in Derby to recruit an operational Finance Controller.
The role will play a key role in supporting the site Director in the delivery of services for a long term contract. Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing operational cost and revenue drivers and formulating results for operational managers
- Explaining variances to budget / forecast and informing key outcomes and formulating business strategies
- Advising non-financial stakeholders on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results
- Maintaining costs for operational overheads and new business improvement initiatives
- Manage project cash flows and forecasts by updating operational models to monitor key financial ratios over the project life cycle
- Ability to work in a complex contract environment and manage key internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing financial data associated with Contract Variations and other financial contractual matters
- Completing quarterly vat returns, and compliance certificates for distribution payments etc.
- Management of 1 contract controller
To be successful, you will need to be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with experience of working in a contract environment (eg: construction or manufacturing sector). Other requirements include:
- Experience of working with complex forecasts and managing change
- Proven track record of adding value to a business and optimising performance
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be relied upon to deliver
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with ability to work under own initiative
- Having a clear understanding of efficient financial processes
Get in touch ASAP to register your interest and be considered.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.