Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Purpose of Role
Carillion Railare contributing to the creation of a railway infrastructure fit for the 21st century – providing faster, safer and more reliable rail journeys, delivered with an absolute focus on safety and quality. We are electrifying key routes across the North West, improving connections between towns and cities including Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and Blackpool providing a reliable and sustainable railway, tackling overcrowding and reduce the cost of operating the railway. Supporting the region’s long-term, low carbon economy and better connecting people to jobs, services, friends, family, education and leisure opportunities.
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyorto support our Rail team with electrification of the Midland Main Line (MML) project valued circa £1b.
The programme consists of upgrades, renewals and electrification of the railway line between London St Pancras and Sheffield (via Luton, Bedford, Corby, Leicester, East Midlands Parkway, Derby, Nottingham and Chesterfield) delivered by Carillion Powerlines Group Joint Venture for Network Rail client.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will be assisting Commercial Resources within a project ensuring:
- Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
- Accurate Budget preparation
- Site Measurement
- Preparation of Interim and Final account measurement
- Accurate Pricing and Rating of variations
- Interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts
- Good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained
- Maintenance of cost information
- Preparation and agreement of Sundry Accounts
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
- Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands