We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team.Main Responsibilities
- Providing a safe environment for all users of the premises, promoting a safety culture and that colleagues and contractors are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Understanding and delivering all mechanical and electrical maintenance aspects of the PFI contract, in compliance with legislative and contractual requirements and maintaining all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality ISO9001 standards are met.
- Checking approved sub-contractors to ensure they work to authorised RA/MS and comply with legal, company and contract requirements including security. Issuing and cancellation of all necessary safe system of work documentation.
- Supporting the Lead Technician to assist in producing all quotes for submission, to complete planned and reactive maintenance and repairs whilst meeting and maximising the asset lifecycle plan and budget.
- Carrying out maintenance work activities to plan and prioritise own and team tasking for: PPMs, reactive and out of hours work requests via the CAFM system to meet SLAs and contractual requirements.
- Undertaking Responsible Person, Competent Person, and Authorised Person duties for which you are qualified and appointed.
- Supporting in the training and coaching of the wider team to achieve competence and meet with legal, contractual and PPP-IML standards as defined by the Contract Duty holder matrix.
- To partake in the call-out provision in order to provide out of hours call-out service as determined by the contract and to co-operate in the rostering of the on- call cover with colleagues.
- Communicating with the team to set clear work objectives, build team work, share and solve problems and promote a positive safety culture through daily team meetings.
- Providing information for accurate and timely periodic reports to identify issues and raise action points including; Stock reporting, HSE report, Compliance and Quality, Contractor report and timesheets.
- Complete administration tasks to work schedules and works tickets correctly, accurately and within agreed allocated timelines.
- Proven technical experience at within a hard facilities related environment with sound knowledge of procedural and legislative frameworks
- HNC or BTEC in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Previous understanding and experience of PPM/CAFM systems
- Level 2 Health and Safety qualification
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.