I am currently recruiting for a Team Leader for the leading charity in the West Midlands and support for adults with autism along with those who love and care for them.
My Client are seeking caring, committed, passionate and resilient individuals to deliver first class support and care. Ideally the successful applicants will have a background in looking after vulnerable people with Learning Disabilities and complex care.
Responsibilities of a Team Leader:
Team Leaders, working as part of a management team, are responsible for ensuring the effective running of the service, providing quality care and support to all service users. They will coordinate the activities of the service and ensure rotas are in place to agreed staffing levels. The Team Leader will manage a group of Support Workers ensuring that they are delivering a quality service which enable service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life. Team Leaders will share on-call responsibilities and may be asked to deputise in the absence of their manager.
Person Specification for Team Leader:
- Previous experience of working in a Team Leader role with responsibility for managing and developing a team of Support Workers
- Experience of developing Support plans and behavioural guidelines
- Previous experience of rota planning
- Previous experience of devising activity timetables
- Experience of working with professionals, CQC, local authorities, clients and carers
- Previous experience in a ‘Total Communications Environment’ and the use of assistive technology.
- Full clean UK driving license.
Requirements for a Team Leader:
- Have at least one years experience working with people with autism and/or severe challenging needs in a residential setting.
- Be able to work under pressure in difficult circumstances
- Demonstrate a real passion for working with adults with Autism.
- Be an excellent communicator, patient, empathetic and most importantly passionate about making a difference.
- The shift pattern is flexible over 7 days so will include weekend and bank holiday working.
- This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check which the company will pay for.
- Specialist Autism training.
- Comprehensive induction including specialist management induction
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care Plan
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Callum Hughes on , alternatively email