Engineering Buyer - £25k to £30k + benefits - Coventry
Opportunity to develop your buying, purchasing and procurement skills in well-established professional, financially strong and successful engineering / manufacturing organisation
The Engineering Buyer will be responsible for strategic / tactical sourcing of materials and commodities and ensuring an efficient / cost-effective supply chain for the Engineering / Manufacturing / Production functions. You will competitively source a wide range of goods and services including raw materials, equipment, components, consumables etc. with responsibilities including:
- analysing / negotiating / concluding costs, price, terms & conditions etc.
- building / maintaining sustainable professional supplier relationships
- providing cost / supply information on projects as requested
- interpreting technical specifications from design engineers
- liaise with Production / Service / Sales depts. on commercial issues
Our client, part of a larger engineering group, is a leading manufacturer of high quality process equipment for the Aerospace and Automotive sectors supplying equipment, project and turnkey services and solutions to clients on a worldwide basis.
As Engineering Buyer you will have a relevant Engineering qualification, strong commercial awareness, excellent administration skills and a good level of computer literacy. With knowledge of / background in purchasing parts (e.g. MCIPS qualification ) within the production / manufacturing / operations / engineering sector - and customer focused strong negotiation skills - you will also:
- be a team player with excellent communication skills
- be conversant with Microsoft Office ( Excel etc. )
- have experience using MRP systems
- be able to read and interpret technical drawings
If you wish to be considered for the role of Engineering Buyer, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272544.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: engineering buyer jobs purchasing manager procurement manger jobs CIPS purchasing jobs supply chain manager buying engineering buying aerospace automotive manufacturing MCIPS Coventry jobs buyer
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.