Clinical Psychologist (Band 7-8a Equivalent)
We are currently recruiting for two full-time Clinical Psychologist positions at Gateway Psychology. It is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly, professional and experienced team. The roles we have available are:
- Clinical Psychologist (Band 7 equivalent)
- Principal Clinical Psychologist (Band 8a equivalent)
We will be recruiting for both positions and will be making appointments to either role based on training, experience and skills.
Job type: Full-time (a part-time role could be available on negotiation).
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week from 9am-5pm on Monday to Friday.
Salary:£32k-£45k (pro-rata if part-time). Negotiable depending on experience.
Bands: Band 7-8a equivalent.
Specialism: Children, young people and families.
Reporting to: Clinical Director or designate.
Location: Gateway Psychology, 7-9 The Boulevard, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, ST66BD. Some travel will be required depending on client and business requirements.
Note: Newly qualified individuals are welcome to apply for our Clinical Psychologist (Band 7 equivalent) vacancy.Employee benefits:
- Part time and flexible working options are available.
- Attractive pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (36 days)
- A company sick pay scheme
- An excellent purpose-built facility dedicated to therapeutic work with children and young people, as well as a high-spec training facility.
About Gateway Psychology:
Gateway Psychology is a private child and adolescent psychology service based in Stoke-on-Trent.
We provide for the psychological needs of children, young people and families in the Stoke-on-Trent area and surrounding regions (including but not limited to Cheshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire and Greater Manchester).
Gateway Psychology was founded in 2013 and is now one of the leading private psychological practices in the region.
Our aim is to facilitate each child’s movement through the challenges or 'gateways’ being faced at a particular time, whether emotional, behavioural, relational or developmental. In addition to working with the individual child, we also work closely with the systems around the child.
We have a team of highly qualified and skilled Clinical Psychologists with many years’ experience in working with children, young people and families. We provide a variety of child-focused psychological interventions and approaches and also provide specialist intervention in relation to Attachment/Trauma difficulties.
We are committed to providing a very high quality service to children, young people and families. It is very important to us that the service we provide is timely and flexible, as well as professional, ethical and skilled.
While we do not band jobs here at Gateway Psychology, our Clinical Psychologist vacancy is equivalent to an NHS AfC Band 7 position, while our Principal Clinical Psychologist vacancy is equivalent to an NHS AfC Band 8a position.
Reporting to the Clinical Director or designate, the positions will involve:
- Assessing and treating your own specialist caseload of clients and maintain the associated records.
- Assisting with supervision of other clinical psychologists depending on experience, assistants, counsellors, trainee(s) or other professionals.
- Assisting in the overall day-to-day running and management of the company under the guidance of the Clinical Director.
For more detail on the roles we have available, please download the relevant Job Specification from our website.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic psychologists who have a particular interest or specialism in working with children, young people and families.
- Candidates should have a Doctoral qualification in Clinical Psychology from a BPS accredited university.
- Candidates should be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or be eligible to be registered once qualified.
- Clinical experience of working with children, families and young people is essential and post-qualified work experience in a clinical environment is desirable.
- Applications from candidates expecting to qualify in September 2017 from BPS accredited Doctorate in Clinical Psychology training courses will also be