Management Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
This is a great opportunity for a part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/AAT or equivalent) to join the finance team of a £35m division of a large company based in the West Midlands. Initially the role will be offered on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract but there will likely be the opportunity to extend this or join the business on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts and financial analysis for presentation to the leadership team
- Branch Profit & Loss reporting
- Gross Margin and overhead variance analysis
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Working capital reporting and analysis
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts with ongoing variance analysis / review
- Assist in the preparation of business tenders and contract analysis
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects
This is a very operational finance role and you will gain a good understanding of the commercial aspects of finance, supporting the business / branch managers to improve their understanding of profit & loss reports, budgeting / forecasting processes etc.
The successful candidate will likely be a part-qualified accountant who has gained broad experience in financial and management accounting within a commercial environment. In addition to good technical accounting skills and competency in the use of Excel and other IT systems, you need to be able to manage a high work load with demanding deadlines and have a commercial / pragmatic outlook.
Whilst this is initially an interim position you will play an important role in the business and will no doubt further develop your financial and commercial skills. It's a great team with a 'cando' attitude so we need a like-minded individual to join the business and make a positive impact. The successful candidate must be able to commence the contract in September.