Regional Clinical Manager
Care provision at home is evolving rapidly, largely driven by Government Policy around personalisation of services and more sophisticated service commissioning. Since 1992 Active Assistance has supported clients with a spinal cord injury to live independently at home. Operating throughout the country, we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialist clinical service providers.
Since 2010, the company has actively embarked on an ambitious strategy of diversification. Therefore in addition to "live in spinal care", the company has started offering its service to people with other complex clinical conditions on either a live in or live out basis. The Active Assistance Group now has a strong market position in the continuing complex health care space specifically in the areas of spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, assisted ventilation and other long term neurological conditions.
This brings new challenges and opportunities. Care packages are managed by a field based clinical team, (Care Service Managers or CSMs), comprising nurses, physiotherapists and OTs. To maintain its pre-eminent position, it is imperative that the organisation: -
- Is able to attract the right calibre of clinical staff in the right locations to meet the demands of the business development team.
- Stays focussed on the individual needs of each client.
- Operate within the quality framework.
- Remains responsive and is able to assess and set up care packages for potential new clients quickly.
- Can maintain excellent customer service with its clients, PA cohort and customers.
The key focus of this position is to be the Active Assistance leader within a defined geographic location: ensuring that client issues are readily resolved as quickly and as close to the client as possible and that effective relationships are maintained with the region’s commissioners.
- Provide visionary leadership to the Active Assistance region. Including CSMs, CSO’s and PAs
- Liaise effectively with support services to ensure that the needs of the region’s clients is met
- 'Own’ and take responsibility for the client cohort
- In conjunction with the Commercial team, effectively support the Business Development Function.
- CSMs, CSO’s and PAs in the region
- Clients within the region
- Managing Director
- Support functions especially Governance, Operations and Recruitment
- CHC nurses and Commissioners / Active Assistance Commercial Team
This a senior position and it is expected that the post holder recognises that they may be required to undertake a broad range of responsibilities and projects that may not be listed under "job responsibilities"
- To provide managerial support and leadership to the regional team.
- Work with Senior Management team to ensure that the region has the right mix of the most appropriate staff.
- Ensuring that the CSM team has a broad range of skills and talents that match the needs of the business, including physiotherapy, nursing occupational therapy, children’s nursing and others.
- Liaise with the commercial team to ensure that customers are effectively managed.
- Ensure that new referrals are assessed responsively and support the CSM to ensure new packages are resourced effectively and start as quickly as possible. This may mean liaising directly with the Support Services Team.
- Liaise with the Director of Governance and Quality and the Director of Operations to put together novel solutions for new care packages.
- Work closely with the Director of Governance and Quality to ensure care is provided to agreed standards.
- Attend and contribute to management meetings as required.
- Act as an external ambassador for Active Assistance at clinical and other forums.
- Participate in clinical and quality audits.
This is a managerial position and the post holder must be an experienced Manager
Educatedto Degree Level
- Sound written and spoken English
- Good numeracy skills
- Ideally postgraduate management training
- Problem solver with a positive can-do approach
This should include:-
- Extensive experience in a range of settings
- Extensive line management experience
- Home care experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
- Self-motivated and able to "lift and motivate" others
- Good attention to detail and a "completer finisher"
- Keeps objectives in mind and concentrates on task in hand despite any distractions
- A lateral thinker, able to generate own ideas as well as developing other people’s ideas
- Someone who is courageous: -
- Will readily ask for help (including from juniors) when needed
- Will always give help to colleagues
- Admit mistakes and work tirelessly to rectify and learn from errors
- Is able to impart bad news and take tough decisions where necessary
- A "team player" who will take greater pride from team performance rather than personal accolade and develops a strong esprit de corps
- Willing to travel across region
- Computer literate - specifically Microsoft Office
- Car owner and a full drivers’ licence
This role is home based. The individual must be able to work flexibly based upon demand.
The hours of the post are full time 37.5 but this is a managerial role and it is expected that the post holder works the hours to complete their tasks.
The RCM post-holder is expected to take part in the Senior Management on-call rota for Disaster recovery and also safeguarding.