Optical Business Development Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary £32,000 - £35,000 plus bonus.
A great opportunity to join a company moving forward with good growth!!
Ideally you should have sales experience in the Optics Market although our client will also consider candidates who have worked in other disciplines of the Optics space.
Personality wise you should an upbeat and enthusiastic character who shows real passion for both the company and the therapy area that you will be working in.
- You will be working with chains and Independent Opticians.
- Deliver quarterly and annual territory targets in line with national budget expectations for the financial year.
- Improving customers knowledge of product portfolio and building relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
- Increase market share in each area in line with company objectives.
- Provide training and product trials to customers in support of the Sales cycle and new product launch plans.
- Communicate market and competitor information with a focus on sharing potential opportunities with colleagues to maximise business potential. Where appropriate forward customer enquiries to other divisions within the business.
- Develop efficient and effective call / route planning to maximise use of time.
- Effectively use agreed business reporting tools and comply with expected standards:
- Represent the business in a professional manner on all occasions.
- To take ownership of local customer queries, ensuring they are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- To attend meetings, conferences, and exhibitions to (1) promote company image and selected range of products and (2) expand personal knowledge of disease areas and competitors products and strategies.
- Invest in ongoing personal development with a focus on improving and refreshing knowledge of disease areas, for product range and be best in class best in class.
- Develop and deliver the Sales practices and other areas as prioritised in the Individual .
- Development Plan within the Business Strategy.
Experience and Qualifications :
- Degree is not essential
- 1 year experience
- Proven track record in sales with knowledge of the territory.
- Understanding of sales data - skills to interpret sales trends, handle collection, collation and use of data to assist in account and territory analysis/planning.
- Has ideally completed selling skills training courses and has an ability to practically demonstrate products and their application.
- Can quickly assimilate complex information and present ideas in a simple effective way Competent.
- PC Skills - use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Competent in using Business Software e.g.
- CRM system, expense claims.
- Ability to work autonomously, and be capable of independently generating, prioritising and handling own work.
- Has a passion for selling and a strong desire to succeed (Proven sales success track record).
- Is self-motivated with the drive to achieve territory targets.
- Is committed to professional self-development and positively adopts a continuous learning approach and applies learning’s proactively.