SF Group is currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer with experience of working within a busy, high volume manufacturing environment!
This position has come about through business growth within the company’s sector. It is currently experiencing fantastic structured growth and is looking for someone to join the team and expand their career within.
Day to Day responsibilities include
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment and buildings diagnosing problems as quickly as possible.
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas; Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Liaise with cell leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs.
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Assist Works Engineer in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- In the absence of the Works Engineer, Supervise Contractors on site and issue/close Permits to Work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
- Undertake projects requested by the Works Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- When and where necessary work above (at height using appropriate apparatus) or below ground including machine pits.
- Use mechanical aids to undertake necessary maintenance/break-down repairs e.g. fork lift truck, pedestrian truck, access cages and ladders etc.
- Use conventional workshop hand tools, metal working machinery and welding apparatus as required to repair equipment and machinery etc.
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation to comply with all necessary Quality Standards and production requirements.
- Work as part of any team and actively take part in team activities including Continuous Improvement Programmes.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as company requires
- To work in accordance with organisational policies and practices
- To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the post and participate as necessary in corporate initiatives and projects.
The ideal person will be/have:
- The successful candidate will need to be from a manufacturing background
- Recognised qualification e.g. ONC/HNC or equivalent apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Computer system literate, favour in experience of CMMS, MS Office
- Experience in PLC controls in Production and manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of Robotic systems
For the relevant candidate this position will pay a salary in the range of £34,000 - £40,000 per annum
If you are interested in this role please contact me ASAP on or