Role - Full time
Salary dependant on experience.
Voxpopme is a video technology company that provides video capture and analytics for Market Research and Customer Feedback to many global blue chip clients. Founded in 2013, the company has grown quickly and established subsidiaries in the US and APAC. We currently employ nearly 30 staff in 3 countries.
We are looking for a dedicated person in our accounting function to support the existing team, reporting to the Financial Controller. This person will provide assistance to the Financial Controller in their duties with management and financial accounting and business reporting requirements, in addition to performing ad-hoc analysis.
As our Financial Controller is not based in the office, we are looking for an Accounts Assistant to support the finance function in our Birmingham office. We require this person to have the ability to communicate well, and to work on their own initiative.
- Accounting or Bookkeeping experience is essential and basic bookkeeping skills required.
- Studying towards or interest in studying towards a bookkeeping or accounting qualification desirable but not essential;
- Experience in an accounting package required, with knowledge of XERO preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word essential;
- Role includes supplier / customer invoicing & reconciliation, debtor management and bank transactional processing and reconciliation for our local company and the international subsidiary.
- Strong organisational skills are required to manage a range of regular and ad hoc tasks including preparation of business analysis.
- Ability to confidently liaise with in-house stakeholders will be required.
- Full training in company systems will be provided, and a close working relationship with the Financial Controller is a necessity
As Voxpopme is an SME business, there may be an element of hands-on assistance with general office functions required within the role.
- Hands-on, team player, willing to execute tasks pro-actively and be thorough in his/her work;
- Self-starter, able to implement on the basis of overall aims and principles and at times function with a minimum of supervision;
- Good communication and approachable personality.