Project Manager - Systems Integrator
We are currently working with one of the UK's most successful systems integrates who are searching for a Project manager to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for managing projects through to completion and have responsibility for successful delivery - on budget and on time whilst meeting the customer's expectations. Most projects will be against NEC3 subcontract with X & Z clauses
You will be involved in cultivating existing and new customers, building lasting and effective relationships with suppliers and assisting with building new opportunities.
- To develop and maintain client relationships in order to keep the relationship on a good footing to enable continuous opportunities to make sure that scope movement is covered by early warning notices and if required subsequently variations to the client
- To manage client's expectations and resolve where possible issues and disputes throughout all stages of a project and enquiry.
- To work with the Sales Dept. in understanding the scope of supply and if required to help with the development of robust, cost effective solutions
- Pro-actively Value Engineer the solution in order to identify alternative materials, scope change opportunities whilst meeting performance, quality and compliance with Client/statutory standards, codes of practice and requirements.
- To attend bid review when available for tenders which you have not been involved with but could end up being an order to the company.
- Working within agreed procedures and formats.
Applicable for New Contracts
- To take project ownership and be responsible for delivering the project on time, on budget and to the agreed acceptance criteria.
- To attend contract handover meetings chaired by the Operations Director. And Engineering Managers to develop baseline programme. To receive handover pack encompassing; Baseline Programme of Works.
Project Management Duties
- Project Manager with overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project, on time, on budget and to the agreed specifications.
- Maintain & Update Gantt Chart against baseline
- Manage and report on project costs (Actual and Forecast) for ALL elements of the project including materials and resources. Report to be monthly and issued to the Operations Director and the Commercial Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all appropriate documentation, specifications, drawings are approved by the client.
- Ensure Project folder is maintained and kept up to date
- Ensure Correspondence logs are maintained and kept up to date
- Resource Planning - identify to the Engineering Manager's the resource needs for the project and update the resource plan on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage contingency plan throughout project covering milestones, available resource.
- Identification and Submission of VO's to client whilst informing the Commercial Manager
- Submission of documents/specifications for Client approval
- Verifying acceptance criteria
- Issue Completion Certificate & Handover
- Working within agreed procedures and formats.
- Attend Contract Reviews and submit
- Progress against baseline programme (revised Gantt Chart)
- Cost report detailing, costs to date, committed and anticipated for ALL elements of the project.
- Summary of progress to date, issues and next milestones.
- To effectively manage the project team, allocated by the Operations Director/Design Manager, encompassing, design, manufacture, and site supervision and commissioning.
- To ensure the project and team comply with the company QA systems
- To ensure all design reviews are completed and ensure the solution/design meets the requirements of the client, budget and statutory regulations.
JobHolder needs to know:
- Project Management.
- Budget control.
- Programme Control through effective use of Project Management tools & techniques (Microsoft Projects )
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Engineering Health and Safety and other Legislative Requirements.
- Experience in either Food, FMCG, Automotive, Materials Handling or Utility industries
- Experience in NEC 3 Sub contracts
- Electrical Experience preferred but not essential
Holder needs to have experience of:
- Experience as a Senior Engineering / Project Engineering role preferably in a Systems Integration Environment but not essential.
- Specification, design, installation and commissioning of equipment with internal and/or external resource.
- Project management and control techniques.
- CDM, CE, PUWER, HSAW
- Demonstrable track record of the management of contracts, client and/or contractor disputes, contractors, project team, consultants and other external resource
Demonstrable experience in some/all of the following industries; Food, FMCG, Automotive,
- Materials Handling or Utility industries
Job Holder needs to be/demonstrate:
- Able to influence internally and externally at all levels.
- Proven Commercial acumen.
- Proven Project Management techniques
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Meeting facilitation and management.
- Negotiating skills.
- Management of client/project disputes
- Presentation and communication skills.
Independence and personal drive.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.