SQL Server DBA
Senior SQL Server DBA - Production, Migration, SQL Azure
Location - Stoke on Trent
Are you a DBA who thrives working server side doing high level production work? Are you bored in your current role, babysitting the databases rather than getting stuck into the projects you really want to do like large scale migrations to SQL 2016 or setting up MS Azure environments? If this sounds like you, I have a client based in sunny Stoke (not guaranteed sunshine) who are looking for a Senior level SQL Server DBA to come in and take a lead role on migration projects and have a major input on their data road map going forward.
So why would would you want to work here?
If you're a SQL DBA who wants more out of their role than plodding along doing some monitoring and maintenance then why wouldn't you? They have large scale challenging database work, migration projects to SQL 2016 ready to go, and you'll lead the charge setting up SQL Azure. They're a well established organisation with offices all over the UK who like their staff to have a good work/life balance so they give people the ability to work from home or have flexible working around travel or other commitments.
What will you be doing?
- You'll be responsible for a LARGE database environment. 200-300 databases and 20+ production servers and up to 20 Terabytes of data are the numbers we're talking about
- You'll be the go to person for monitoring, troubleshooting, and keeping the servers running as smoothly as possible
- Implementing the ISO27001 strategy - SQL Server and Database Security
- Migrate Production and non Production servers from 2008r2 to 2016
- Set up Azure environments - Previous experience of this would be great but if not, it'll be great skill for you to acquire on the job
- Monitor SQL Servers and troubleshoot issues as they arise to keep the production SQL servers running smoothly
- Performance tuning and optimisation
- Maintain existing SQL Environments
- Provide day to day support to the wider IT Department regarding SQL Estate
Technical Key Skills
- SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- You need to have strong skills with Complex T-SQL - and experience of dealing with very large databases
- Database optimisation including Execution Plans & Plan Guides
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.