Quality Engineer - Automotive Industry.
Coventry, West Midlands
Keywords TS16949, P-Pap, APQP, Customer facing, SPC, Control plans, FMEA
Commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Rugby, Daventry, Coleshill, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Redditch, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington, Southam
Our Client wishes to recruit a Quality Engineer and is a major component supplier to the automotive industry, specialising in precision machined and pressed welded assemblies, among their customer base are Ford, Land Rover, Toyota, GM, Aston Martin, Volvo, BMW, Honda and Jaguar.
- Attend initial and ongoing Review meetings to review feasibility of customers requirements
- Support the activities and documentation of the P-PAP submissions
- Participate in capability studies on all new equipment
- Review and submit all supplier P-PAP submissions
- Pre pare and maintain gauge instruction sheets
- Development of Control plans
- Investigate and trouble shoot for all Quality concerns
- Participate in new program training sessions with operators
- Work in compliance to TS 16949
Qualifications that would be suitable for this position include;
Mechanical Engineering or Materials Degree or time served.
HNC Mechanical / Production Engineering. Technicians Certificate, Inspection/ Mechanical Apprenticeship.
Knowledge of TS16949, FMEA, Control Plans, SPC, and PPAP is highly desirable.
Automotive Quality experience essential
Working knowledge of TS 16949
£30-35,000 Dependent on experience
Growing Company with solid order book
Variety of Customers