Our client is a multi-national organisation and a leader in steel production. They are a leading player in all the major sectors for steel; their products are used in consumer sectors such as construction, automotive, white goods, engineering and packaging. They now have an opportunity for a Operations Manager / Site Manager to join the team at their base in Birmingham.
The overall objective of this role will be to improve operational efficiency and manage all non-commercial activities together with championing site Health and Safety. As Operations Manager / Site Manager you will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for all operational functions at the site.
Operations Manager's responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the health and safety environment on the site, driving the safety culture and its improvement
- Implement world class manufacturing, lean production methods & continuous improvement methodologies
- Work with the Heads of Sales & Supply Chain to ensure that site strategy is aligned to commercial objectives
- Ensure all non-commercial strategies are implemented and KPI's are met
- Manage capital projects
- Coach, develop and motivate staff members, build succession in key positions
- Drive down costs
We are looking for a person with prior management experience who can demonstrate experience in removing productivity bottlenecks and extensive knowledge of WCM & Continuous Improvement methods, knowledge of Steel processing would be an advantage.
You will have excellent IT and analytical skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and first rate organisation skills. The ability and willingness to manage change is also required.
The following qualifications would be desirable:
Lean Qualifications (Sigma 6 Black Belt or equivalent qualification)
IOSH safety qualification
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation in its field.
We are only able to contact shortlisted candidates, thank you for your interest.