International Buyer - Newcastle under Lyme
Responsible for identifying overseas suppliers and sourcing product and materials for the product range your key duties would involve:
- Identifying new overseas sources whilst working closely with colleagues to ensure continuity of supply with existing UK suppliers.
- Negotiating and managing overseas suppliers with particular regard to cost, lead time and quality.
- To plan that purchases are made in the most cost effective way, whilst monitoring stocks without affecting sales.
- Continuously benchmarking against alternative suppliers (Globally) to avoid single source situations.
- Planning requirements, taking into consideration shipping times and import procedures.
- Monitoring currency exchange rates and the effect this will have on purchases.
- Travelling overseas to audit and negotiate with our foreign supply chain.
- Results / progress will be made available and kept up to date so reports are clear and concise. This will be presented using Microsoft Excel & Word, incorporating graphical information and factual data
Skills and Experience:
- International buying experience within a manufacturing industry.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Competent IT user including MS Office - training on our bespoke planning (ERP/MRP) systems will be provided.
The successful candidate must be available to travel abroad when required for the role.
Working Arrangements and Rewards:
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 6 bank and 2 public holidays.
- Competitive market salary.
- Free car parking.