My client is looking for a Transport Administrator to join their growing business, you will have a full understanding of how a transport operation runs and its relation to a warehousing function.
- Ensure that all Transport files are up to date and compliant.
- Schedule and Print all routes daily ready for the drivers to start their shift.
- Maintain up to date spread sheets relating to the job role and submit in a timely manner.
- Manage driver rota and holiday planner.
- Communicate with customers via telephone and email
- Answer telephone and deal/assist with any queries.
- Take phone calls from drivers and assist where possible.
- Run weekly/Monthly reports relative to driver and company KPI's
- Carry out daily driver de-briefs and report any issues to the Transport Manager.
- Offer cover for the Transport Manager in their absence.
- Any other duties that is necessary to ensure the safe and efficient running of the transport fleet.
- Support plant administration tasks when required.
- Compile weekly/monthly KPI data
- Raise purchase orders and track monthly expenditure
- Assist in month end and reporting requirements
Other Essential Skills:
- Communication skills
- Customers relations
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have an organised and methodical approach to reports and administration
- Experience of transport office working environment
- Experience of SAP or similar integrated business software
- Customer Service Skills
- NVQ level 3, IT/business administration
A salary of £25,000 + Benefits