Are you an experienced Specification Technologist with a food technical background? Do you have a degree (or equivalent) in food science with a number of years experience in an industry setting?
Purpose of Specification Technologist:
The Specification Technologist will perform a key role within the technical department providing completion of finished product specifications, handling of raw material specifications and supplier approval information for the introduction of new products, ingredients and suppliers into the business. The role will also include providing technical documentation to support new product development, handling of technical queries with our customers and our complaint handling processes.
Specification Technologist duties and responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining finished product specifications utilising retailer web based systems.
- Providing legal pack copy information for artwork generation and being responsible for the sign off of artwork or communication with regards to amendments.
- Ensuring that outer label codes are agreed for new products by coordinating the set-up of new labels and seeking customer approval, where relevant.
- Generation of technical documentation (for example submission forms) for new products in line with customer requirements. Assisting with hazard analysis studies and gathering of relevant technical information for new products.
- Communicating and responding to customers in relation to technical queries and supplying relevant information to customer safety teams.
- Maintaining awareness of customer codes of practice and policies, communicating them to NPD/Technical colleagues as necessary.
- Ensuring customer web based systems are maintained up to date in relation to contacts, accreditations, alerts and any other specific requirements.
- Handling of the raw material specification approval process with the raw material suppliers, communicating and resolving any queries with them for final sign off
- Ensuring that the necessary information is provided and reviewed for the supplier approval process for any new supplying sites and providing information to relevant departments for risk assessments and approval to be completed. Communicate with suppliers any requests for further information for the approval process to take place.
- Handling of customer complaints. Logging and coordinating the investigation process with the site technical teams. Responding to customer complaints on completion of the investigation by the site team.
- Assisting with 3rd Party Audits and Customer Audits.
- Other technical duties as required
The above list reflects the core duties and responsibilities associated with the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Due to the changing nature/priorities of our business you will, from time to time be required to undertake other responsibilities/activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.