Digital Print Technician
Digital Print Technician vacancy in Birmingham
Digital Print Technician
Three month contract - up to £10.46 per hour
Hays Recruitment are working with a public sector organisation in Birmingham to recruit a Digital Print Technician on a six month contract basis who is able to start immediately.
The post holder will be responsible for providing technical expertise within a customer facing production environment. This role involves all aspects of production including the pre-flight of customer files to ensure that they are print ready and also providing support to student /staff with artwork set up. This position will also play a key role in terms of communication with our customers to ensure that outstanding customer service and adherence to all organisation guidelines are adhered to where possible.
a) Delivering excellent customer service to students / staff
b) Operation of a range of digital printers including large format and operation of various print finishing equipment, i.e. collator/booklet maker, glue binding machine, scoring machine, folding machine and guillotine finishing equipment.
c) Operating Fiery Pre-Press editing systems or equivalent
d) Creating and editing documents using Adobe InDesign / Illustrator / Photoshop including mail merge
e) Ensure that work is produced according to the customer's requirements and timescales, communicating any production issues in an effective and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
* Experience of working in a print shop environment
* Excellent computer literacy with particular practical knowledge and application of the Adobe Creative Suite and the MS office Suit (excel/word/publisher/PowerPoint) and good keyboard skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Demonstrable ability to work under pressure to the highest standards at all times
* Experience of working in a busy team and on own initiative
* Enthusiasm, self-motivation, initiative, patience
* Be able to prioritise work but be flexible in approach when necessary, able to work unsupervised and on own initiative as required
This post is full time, working 37 hours per week.
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary, salary requirements for this role and also your notice period/availability.
Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on if you require additional information.