Network Architect Contract
Network Architect (Contract)
A 6 month contract assignment has arisen for a Network Architect to be based onsite with my client based in the West Midlands. The Network Architect is responsible of redesigning, evolving and supporting all network-based activities. This includes planning and installation of new hardware, monitoring LAN/WAN uptime, ensuring high network availability, resolving complex clients related problems and designing and implementing VPN/WAN links with both internal and external clients.
- Provide vision and strategy for internal and hosting network
- Responsible for all functions relating to the planning, installation, configuration and operation of hosting network infrastructure
- Identify network configuration and/or performance irregularities.
- Serve as a technical design authority to multiple projects and business units.
- Provide technical assistance and support, either formal or informal, for more junior team members and mentor new and inexperienced team members as required
Required skills and experience:
- CCNP or CCIE certifications
- Previous experience of working as a Network support engineer
- High proficiency with routing protocols, VPN and various firewall technologies and vendors
- Familiarity with the following operating systems - Windows, Linux, VMWare ESXi
- Act as a point of escalation for all network related issues
- Strong performance tuning and capacity planning experience
This is an opportunity to work within a team of expert professionals working with the latest technologies. Should this sounds like the right role for you, please apply online.